8.24.2011

:: antlers, shells, & eggs


I chose this shot to share today because I liked the contrast between light & dark. 
This is also a shot of what's on the coffee table in my library/great room. 
I love apothecary jars and I change out the contents of this one seasonally. 
Right now I have all of my shells in it, in the fall....probably pinecones. 
The candle holder is on of my favorites, and I have it filled with quail eggs...
I love those precious little eggs.   
I'm going for a naturalist/antiquities vibe in this room, and I love nature. 
It's fun to find things from the outdoors to add to my room. 
The antlers are real, I can't remember if my they were my father's or my husbands, 
we do eat what we hunt {we are carnivores....sorry to any non carnivores out there}. 
The books are both thrift store finds, I love the illustrations in the gnome book....
and well....birds are always a favorite subject for me.


Just playing around with angles in this shot, but you get a little sneak peek at a little more of the room here. 
I just love glass and apothecary jars....did I mention that already?

Well, today is the last free day before school starts, and we have a few things on the agenda today. 
The big thing though is the installation of Direct TV. 
My hubs is so happy, he's geared up for all the football he can {and I} can handle. 
Good thing he has a man cave...or else I might go a little CrAzY. 
Bad news is that I may be without internet for a few days while we make the switch. 
Thursday & Friday will be a little crazy anyway with the first day of school, 
and a church consignment sale for me. 
I hope to see you again soon though....stay tuned.

Have an awesome week : )

{peace, love & hugs}
Carrie
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I love your photo. LOVE IT and you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great post as I love your pictures but I love your vignette ideas! Anything in glass jars is a winner with me!

    Best wishes for a lovely week,
    Natasha @ 5 Minutes Just for Me

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing your lovely faces & reading your sweet comments. Thanks for taking the time to visit me : ) * I do my best to respond by e-mail, if I miss you please forgive me. peace & love * Carrie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...