2.28.2011

:: out with BROWN...in with GREEN

Hello sweet friends, it's been quite awhile, but I've finally made it back. Well, this winter is almost over, and I can finally see the sunshine at the end of the tunnel. Yesterday it was just beautiful, and a balmy 77 degrees...short sleeves and skirts were the order of the day....woo hoo.  I wish I had been able to get out and get some work done around my house, but I had a fun baby shower instead, and I even got my hands on a little bundle for a good ol' baby fix.




Speaking of new life...my hydrangeas are already sending out there leaves, and I've spent this morning snapping off all of the old blooms in readiness for all the lovely that is to come. I ended up with a whole wheelbarrow full of dried hydrangea blooms.




Here's to OUT WITH THE BROWN...

and IN WITH THE GREEN....YIPPEE!



The lovely leaves of my favorite tree are the first to appear. It happens so quickly...one day a peek, and the next it's covered...I'm so happy it's back, I've missed it so.




Here's my favorite hangout spot, but as you can see, there's a lot of cleanup to do to get it looking like a relaxing haven. I did manage to hop in for a little while yesterday and enjoy the wonderful sunshine with my fur babies, but it was oh so short.




Pretty soon it will look like this again....and I'm sooooo ready.




And my little standard dapple tree will go from this.....




to this.............look at all that gorgeous green.




So, can anyone guess what my favorite color is?????




That's right.......GREEN.


I hope you all are having a wonderful Monday wherever you are, and here's hoping the green shows up wherever you are very soon. 


Oh my gosh, I just realized this is my 200th post....  Thanks to all of you who read along, and make this blog a fun place to hang out. Love to you all.

:: peace, love & hugs ::
Carrie
Pin It

11 comments:

  1. Hi Carrie!
    Your favorite hangout spot looks just heavenly!!
    This is one of my favorite times of the year. Our God sure knew what he was doing by making these seasons. They seem to come just in time!
    Congrats on your 200th post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Carrie,
    I was getting a little worried about you. Love all the outside pictures of your yard. Spring?? Not where I live. There is still snow that is melting. I know, it won't be long. Have a wonderful week. Relax in your little haven if you get a chance.
    xxx Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh...to see green again. I am still waiting....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sure can't wait to see green around here, thanks goodness the snow is all gone but still cold here today!
    Have a great week!
    Rondell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Carrie~Oh you lucky girl!!! I want what you have going on outside! I won't show you pictures of being buried in snow, but just picture, "buried in snow"!
    xo~Karen
    p.s.~I love your new blog header! Really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the post, I needed to see signs of spring. I am so jeoulous of all your hydrangeas. Even dried they are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lucky indeed. We had -29 last night and still buried with snow. You must be happy to be wearing short sleeves.
    You are set for fresh beginnings and new growth, right down to a fresh new header-lovely.
    We are gearing up for St. Patrick's Day and that is as green as it will get for now.
    ~Beck

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your hammock area! I had a hammock waiting to be hung up so long it dry rotted!! *grin* I am off to look for another one...

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE the pictures! The last one was absolutely beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I LOVE your hammock. I could lay there all day!

    xx
    Rebekka

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would love to lie on your hammock and just close my eyes for hours.

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing your lovely faces & reading your sweet comments. Thanks for taking the time to visit me : ) * I do my best to respond by e-mail, if I miss you please forgive me. peace & love * Carrie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...