1.21.2010

{ Perfect Day }

Aside from the fact that we are back to rain and cold here, today was a perfect day. It started out like every other, getting up and getting everyone out the door, I then made the mistake of getting back in my super cozy bed to get warm. I’m sure you can guess what happened next zzzzzz. I woke up at 10 a.m. feeling a little guilty, now what.

This is what I did….


















I took pictures....

I get bored staring at the same old things in my home day in and day out. Sure I leave sometimes, but 80 percent of the time I'm here because I can only shop so much before getting reprimanded by Papa.

I decided I wanted to post some pictures of my little nest, and wow, looking at things through a camera lens today really helped me { s e e } my home and the little things I love about it. I still want to change some things, but all in all, I realized that even though I get frustrated with it sometimes, I LOVE my nest. My home is all about me, it's constantly changing and evolving, and like me it's not perfect, but it's mine, and it keeps the ones I love safe and warm.

So today's lesson....sometimes you just need to change perspective.


My perfect day ended with some snuggle time and laughter with my lovely little wrens.


{ the vintage wren }


P.S. I cleaned along the way, so no guilt here.


Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Hi sweet Carrie!!! I'm so glad you loved the little bird, and it looks just beautiful in your banner! You are so adorable modeling your handiwork ~ it's something that one day I hope to learn....not modeling but knitting!!! xxoo, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. No doubt you would have no trouble picking up knitting, then you can add it to your extensive repertoire of crafting abilities.

    I really appreciate you sharing that cute little sweetie. I hope to spruce things up around here when I get a better grasp on this blogging thing.

    <3 Carrie

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing your lovely faces & reading your sweet comments. Thanks for taking the time to visit me : ) * I do my best to respond by e-mail, if I miss you please forgive me. peace & love * Carrie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...